Monday, September 21, 2015

Exciting changes to the Shanahan home


I don't know where the last three months have gone. How is it possible that my little girl is already three months old? Since I can't figure out where the last three have gone, I'm not even going to phantom where the last 27 months vanished...

Aiden, my little man, is becoming more of a big boy and less of baby. Yesterday, with the help of Tim, Kevin and I moved Aiden's crib into Riley's room and moved his new bed into his room. Aiden loved climbing in and out of his crib and using it more as a trampoline rather than a bed, so we thought it was time he got an upgrade.
I truly did not think the transition from crib to bed would be such a challenge. Even though Aiden needed it, he decided he was too good for nap time in the new bed, instead he played quietly in his room for an hour and a half so mommy and daddy could nap. 
Since there was no nap, Kevin and I decided on a 6:30 bedtime last night. This is when the 4 hours of crying, yelling, and pretending to sleep, started; all while Aiden refused to stay in his bed. For over three hours (Kevin gave up about 9:00), Kevin and I swapped bedtime with Aiden and watching Riley. Aiden finally passed out from exhaustion an hour after Kevin.  At 6:45 this morning, I was woken up to our little man pacing at the foot of the bed. So much for sleeping in!  
Today's nap time was similar, with the exception of there being no one to tag in when things got tough. After 2.5 hours of crying, me more than him, he finally fell asleep...

Other big news: Riley is 3 months old, which means that she is an official member of the YMCA. She wasn't nearly as excited to see everyone as Aiden and I was. In fact, she slept through our entire visit. It felt good to be back in our very day routine. We can't wait to go again tomorrow.

Here are Riley's very unofficial messiness and some 3 month pics:
Height: 24 1/4"
Weight: 11 pounds 4 ounces
She is starting to laugh and is very active. She is still sleeping through the night, going to bed around 9:30 and sleeping till 6:45.

Mmmmm, Harley tastes good!


She's still a little too small for her exersaucer
And Aiden is just a little too big...


No comments:

Post a Comment